Our client, a steel assembly component manufacturer is located in the East Bay and is seeking a Human Resource Director to help take the company to the next level of growth.
The Ideal Candidate:
The Human Resource Director will be responsible for planning, designing, and executing HR services and programs that are aligned with the functional business strategy, brand proposition, core values and customer experience promise. It will require an individual of immense passion, ability and organizational skill to make human resources a competitive advantage that can be relied on by the executive leadership team through a continuously changing environment.
This individual will be able to maintain a strategic and high-level perspective of the company and functional objective, but also have the desire and ability to be hands on operationally; assessing areas that need improvement/growth and ensuring teams have the right tools and leadership to accomplish strategic and quarterly goals quickly and effectively. They will be required to leverage their Human Resources (HR) experience and expertise to develop HR strategies and processes that support the overall business objectives including organizational design, change management, employee relations, talent acquisition and retention strategies, employee development, succession planning, leadership & team development and communications.
This position is a member of the executive leadership team and reports directly to the President of the company.
- Training and development: Ability to identify training needs, create a training strategy, develop materials and measure success of the programs
- Performance management: Responsible for facilitating performance improvement plans, introductory and annual reviews, including 360 reviews. Identify high potential employees and help develop career goals for retention
- Employee Relations: Promote positive employee relations through design, communication, and interpretation of our human resources policies and programs.
- Responsible for coordinating data and package for the negotiation process with bargaining unit employees
- Recruiting: Help facilitate the recruitment process using internal sourcing strategies. The candidate will be working directly with the hiring managers to fill positions and insure we’re on track with our hiring needs
- Coordinate new hires and terminations: Benefits administration, use of ADP HRIS system, and communicate company policies and procedures to employees
- Define and develop a competitive compensation philosophy with innovate programs and practices to implement that philosophy
- Investigate and process Worker’s compensation claims
- Maintain People driven events and ensure HR processes align with business and operational cadence
- Execute cultural initiatives – Manages the eNPS survey and programs and core value training
- Promote ongoing leadership development, and performance management strategy and metrics
- Work with executive leadership to develop effective internal communications (between and among management and employees) to promote morale and achieve company-wide goals
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the President on personnel matters.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values
- Ensure the internal culture is aligned with our customer experience promise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and other labor laws
- Creation and management of HR budget
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, personal integrity and confidentiality on sensitive matters
- Creative problem solver; with ability to both work within processes and to think “outside the box”
- Demonstrated competence in HR functional areas: recruitment; compensation; employee relations; management coaching; performance management, training and development, organizational development, change management, and succession planning
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Must be comfortable with technology
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- HRIS experience (Knowledge of Cornerstone a plus)
- ADP platform experience
Education and Experience:
- BA required
- 6-10 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience with Union workforce management and collective bargaining unit negotiations, a plus
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- Proficient in Spanish, a plus
- May be required to travel up to 10% of the time
To apply: Please forward resume and cover letter, detailing the reason for your fit with the opportunity and salary preferences, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HR Consultant (Generalist)
Options4Growth is seeking an HR Consultant (Generalist), located in the East Bay and in San Francisco, to serve our clients and be members of our team.
Perform Human Resource related job duties on behalf of Options4Growth clients’, including all or some of the following functional areas: employment, employee relations, recruitment, compensation, benefits and payroll (minimal), data tracking and retention. Each client has varying needs, allowing for a diverse experience and learning opportunity.
• Proficient with MS Office and HRIS/HRMS
• Experience processing new hires and terminations
• Knowledge of city, state and federal regulations
• Must be organized and extremely detailed
• Self-starter and able to work independent of direct supervision
• Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential data
• Must be extremely reliability and customer service oriented
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, and 5-7 years experience as an HR Generalist, or any similar combination of education and experience. PHR certification is a plus!
This position requires the flexibility to work part-time hours. Please do not apply if you are not comfortable and able to stay motivated while working from your home office. You will also need to attend monthly team meetings in San Francisco or Walnut Creek, and visit client sites in the Bay Area.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter titled “HR Consultant/Generalist”, to email@example.com. Please specify preferred hourly rate in cover letter.